Chronicles of a REALTOR® - The Weekend I Finally Felt Like One


Let’s say this past weekend was the first weekend I truly felt like a real REALTOR®.

Not because of a closing.
Not because of a big commission.

But because of the moments in between.

Friday started with meeting an investor to walk a property. In the end, it wasn’t the right fit for him. No deal. No offer. But something important happened. We built a relationship. As part of The Jacobson Group, that’s something we value deeply. In real estate, not every meeting turns into a transaction, but every connection has the potential to grow into something meaningful.

Then came the open house.

To be honest, we were starting to lose a little hope on this particular property. You know the feeling when a listing sits a little longer than expected and you start wondering who the right buyer will be.

And then, just as we were wrapping up, what felt like a little miracle walked through the door.

Someone who loved everything about the home.

No offer yet, but a real connection. A conversation. The beginning of something we’re now nurturing.

And finally, we’re hopefully days or weeks away from helping a family move into their first “real” home in Florida after a period of transition.

Watching that process unfold has been incredibly meaningful.

These are the moments that give me hope.

The moments that inspire me.

The moments that push me forward.

Because what I realized this weekend is that every job I’ve ever had somehow prepared me for this one.

For years, I worked behind the scenes supporting executives and high-level clients. My role was to anticipate needs, keep complex situations organized, solve problems quickly, and help people navigate important decisions.

Sound familiar?

Organization.
Strategy.
Negotiation.
Problem solving.
Relationship building.

All of those skills suddenly make perfect sense in real estate.

Who knew it would all come together like this?

Well… apparently a lot of people around me did.

For years I heard the same thing from friends and mentors:

“You would be an amazing REALTOR®.”

And now here I am.

Still learning.
Still growing.
Still building.

But very much just getting started.

Desiree Lancaster, REALTOR®
The Jacobson Group
Keller Williams Reserve

https://desireelancaster.kw.com


Comments